Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Job of the Future

     Growing up I ultimately wanted to join the military, soon after being excepted into college at Eastern Michigan University, I took part in the Army ROTC program. Though the program does not require soldiers to take part in obtaining a degree which is relevant to the job they are wanting to get, I still choose something that was interesting. Aviation Management Technology was the degree I choose to pursue, and this degree is a great fall back plan if things were to go wrong.
     As of know I have recently received my results, and know what job I will be getting for the Army. I branched Infantry, also the branch the I wanted, upon graduation will start the position full time. Infantry is the heart of the Army, they are specialized in armed combat, and tactics to overtake enemy forces. This is so appealing to me because it gives you first hand experience to lead soldiers, and put you as the decision maker as being a lieutenant. The Army is somethings I want to engage with as a sign of patriotism, and a way to directly serve my country.
      The direction the Army is heading in, seems to be that of on oncoming downsize. Currently the Army in the process of pulling the soldiers form Iraq, and have a current plan to be out of Afghanistan some where around 2014. The future of the Army is also going to be downsizing their mainstream forces, by turning those who aren't needed as much to reserve units, away from being full time. The US Army is still leading as being the number one army in the world.
 

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck in this pursuit. It must reduce some stress knowing what you will be doing upon graduation. Please keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete