Monday, September 5, 2011

How I gotten into Aviation

     My first interest peaked in aviation when I was in my youth. My Father had his private pilots license, which gave me the opportunity growing up to leave the ground and explore the skies at a young age. From these experiences growing up, aviation peaked my interested and gave me something to aim for a future career. Not only did I have these experiences but also my father was a great role model for me to follow for many reasons.
     To pursue this career it was now time to decide what schools I should attend for college. When I finally figured out that I wanted to attend Eastern Michigan, I had to begin looking into what would be my field of study of Aviation I wanted to get into. Not every college offers aviation, so I had a unique opportunity to major in Aviation here. I decided to go into Aviation Management Technology, which gives me the chance to go into the management side of things in aviation.
     I Currently in the Army National Guard, and attending the Army ROTC program where I will Receive my commission when I graduate in 2012. I plan on getting into Logistics and Transportation while I serve my time in the Army. When I get out in a couple of years after doing that, I want to use my degree and my life experiences to get into the management side of things for aviation. This is how I got into aviation and how I plan to continue pursuing the career field.    

   

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the ROTC, along with this four-year degree will open up lots of opportunities. Why did you choose management? This may be something that would be interesting to include in this post.

    ReplyDelete